We started our sustainability program in 2019. We are proud to share that so far we have achieved the following:
In Office Sustainability:
- We use 100% compostable mailing satchels
- We use recyclable mailing boxes - made from recycled materials! We also designed these boxes to have 2 lives - 1. for delivering your items to you and 2. if you need the box can be reused to send them back to us OR you an turn it inside out and use it as a chic storage box in your home or office
- We use stickers that are made from recycled materials that can be recycled and composted
- We use swing tags made from recycled materials and they can in turn be recycled
- We locally recycle all our cardboard to paper mills in Victoria so it can be used again and again
- We locally recycle all soft plastic packaging, we never want plastic packaging to end up in landfill or as litter in our oceans
- All domestic orders are fulfilled carbon neutrally via our shipping partners
- We plant a tree for every order we receive
- We use landfill biodegradable packing tape so that if our packaging ends up in landfill it will degrade at an accelerated rate
- We use a Green Energy supplier for our electricity
Customer Service Sustainability:
- We plant a tree for every order we received. Even if you return your item - a tree still gets planted!
- We believe in reuse, reduce recycle and we will always offer our customers these options first to minimise items with small faults ending up in landfill
- We provide intimate details on all our products and fit test items for our websites listings to ensure that our customers have detailed information when making their purchase decisions to minimise the carbon burden caused by excessive returns
- All our staff have a fashion education and so are well versed in fit, fabric and style information to support our customers in their purchase decisions
- Further to this we have chosen not to have an automated returns system on the website so that our customers first point of contact for returns is with customer services. In this way we are better equipped to ascertain what the reason for return is, if we can provide an alternative item or size and hopefully this helps to minimise excessive returns rates which is such a big cause of waste within the e-commerce sector.
With our Suppliers:
- We request that all shipments be delivered directly to use from the factory rather than through the supplier as this causes double handling and a double carbon load.
- We request minimal packaging to be used in our deliveries. This extends to reduce soft plastics (poly bag packaging) and hangers.
- We prioritise the purchase products made sustainably, organically and with little or no synthetic fabrications whenever possible.
We would love to hear if you have more suggestions or ideas about how we can become more sustainable. Please email us [email protected]
We care deeply about the planet and creating a business that gives back to nature. That’s why we’re thrilled to share that we’re partnering with One Tree Planted @onetreeplanted to plant a tree in Australia for every order we receive. Trees clean our air and water, create habitats for biodiversity, contribute to our health and wellbeing, and create jobs for social impact. We’re honoured to have reforestation through One Tree Planted as an integral part of our business model.